OWC ThunderBay 4 Enclosure (Thunderbolt 3 Model)
Condition Note: Opened by customer and returned unused. Contains all the accessories and comes in the original box. See images.
ThunderBay 4, OWC's flagship 4-bay RAID powerhouse is bigger and faster than ever before. Now with the unbelievable performance of Thunderbolt 3 up to 1550MB/s sustained performance1it's the ultimate workhorse external storage solution. Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too.
Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations. ThunderBay 4 is highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Choose between traditional hard drives or Solid State Drives. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Certified and Tested
Each ThunderBay 4 solution undergoes OWC's multi-hour drive "burn-in" performance certification procedure prior to shipping. This ensures your ThunderBay 4 arrives operating properly, ready for demanding use.
Built on OWC's time-tested enclosure cooling technology, ThunderBay 4 utilises an open "flow-thru" vented design with an oversized 92 mm, low-turbulence, noise-quieting fan to keep the drives running cool and reliably.
Daisy-chain up to six ThunderBay 4s for massive storage capabilities and increased performance, or connect multiple ThunderBay 4s to multiple Thunderbolt 3 ports to achieve exponential speed capabilities.
ThunderBay 4's drive isolating design reduces sonic resonance, and is aided by over-sized, rugged, vibration-absorbing, non-skid feet.
DisplayPort 1.2 Support
Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports let you connect the display of your choice that your computer can support, including 4K displays.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Up to 1550MB/s sustained performance
- Four hot-swappable universal drive bays: mix or match 2.5-inch (no adapter needed) and 3.5-inch HDDs and SSDs
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.2 port
- Ultra quiet, heat dissipating aluminium chassis
- Rigorously pre-tested with multi-hour burn-in
- Plug and play RAID Ready
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- MacBookPro13,1 MacBookPro13,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.0 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 2.9 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz)
- MacBookPro14,1 MacBookPro14,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.3 GHz, 2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.5 GHz)
- iMac20,1 iMac20,2
- Core i5, Core i7, Core i9
- (3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz)
- Software Requirements
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface
- Interface (Chipset)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use the included SoftRAID software RAID to setup the ThunderBay 4 for RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 10
- Drives Supported
- 4 x 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s drives (or)
- 4 x 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s drives
- SATA revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compliant
- Compatible with SATA revisions 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
- Plug and Play
- Power Supply
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- H: 17.7 mm x W: 13.5 mm x L: 24.5 mm
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance hard drive enclosure with Thunderbolt 3
- 1 x 2m Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1 x External power cable
- 2 x Security Keys
- 1 x ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year Limited Warranty